We're here to help.
Need to take a break now? Gaming should be fun. If it's impacting your life in a negative way, we're here to help.
To help you make decisions about your gambling behaviour, consider these questions:
1. Have you ever lost time from work due to gambling?
2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Has gambling affected your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
5. Have you ever gambled to get money to pay debts or solve financial difficulties?
6. Has gambling ever caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
8. After winning, do you have a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Do you often gamble until you run out of money?
10. Have you ever borrowed money to finance your gambling?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance your gambling?
12. Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
13. Does gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself and your family?
14. Do you ever gamble longer than planned?
15. Have you ever gambled to escape worries or trouble in your life?
16. Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
17. Has gambling ever caused you to have difficulty sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create an urge to gamble within you?
19. Do you ever have the urge to celebrate any good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
20. Have you ever considered self-harm as a result of your gambling?
If you answered YES to most of these questions, there could be a chance you might have a gambling problem. We highly recommend using this anonymous self-assessment tool by GamCare, to learn more.
How can Maverick Games help?
Our team is here to support you if you believe you have a gambling addiction, or even if you just want to stop yourself or set limits on your play. Some things we can do right now:
- Set up a self exclusion for any amount of time, or permanently
- Add a play limit
- Add a deposit limit
Please be aware that any permanent self exclusion cannot be undone, and any new player accounts created to circumvent self exclusion restrictions will be suspended.
If you've learned that gambling just isn't for you, it's smart to take every step possible to prevent yourself from accessing gambling sites. There are many software solutions that can help with blocking access to gambling sites, including:
Protecting our children
While we have strict measures in place to try and stop people under the age of 18 from gambling with us, we realise that the internet is readily available in many homes. We'll work together to help protect children from underage gambling. Here are a few things you can do to help:
• Keep your username, password and deposit details out of reach.
• Don't save passwords or use autofill on your computer.
• Install website blocking software such as NetNanny.
• Educate your children about the legality and potential damage of underage gambling if you suspect they might be considering gambling.
Age verification policy
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to place a bet with Maverick Games. Everyone who registers an account must be verified to be 18 years of age or over. They must also be over the legal age to use the service under the laws applicable within their jurisdiction of residence or the jurisdiction from where they access the service from. A prospective player must provide their date of birth and other necessary registration details on our registration page. Players cannot register with a date of birth that would make them younger than the legal age required to use our services.
Players must also acknowledge that they are over the age of 18 by ticking a box before an account will be created. The company uses age verification checks to confirm that players are 18 years of age or older and legally old enough to gamble. If we are unable to confirm a player's age through electronic checks, we reserve the right to suspend the account and request proof of age documentation.
Additional resourcesGamblers Anonymous
This is important to us
We donate part of our annual earnings to the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission Problem Gambling Fund to help reduce irresponsible gambling.
Our support team is always here to help. Please reach out if you'd like to talk to someone about your options.